The RAAA Traveling Softball Fall Program offers girls who are thinking about traveling softball for the next year (2022), the opportunity to try it out. For girls already in the program, it provides the opportunity to continue playing the game they love. For Fall Ball season, there are no tryouts for the teams.
(For 12U aged girls that are trying Traveling softball for the first time this Fall, there may be an informal evaluation to determine ability. Participants will be contacted separately. This is primarily for safety reasons).
Players who reside in or are enrolled in the attendance area of Rosemount High School (RHS) are eligible to play for the RAAA Rosemount Girls Traveling Fast pitch Softball (GTFS) team. Players from outside of the Rosemount High School attendance area may be allowed to join a team, however a waiver is required from their zoned softball association and must be provided to the board upon registration. *For more information, see Bylaws posted on www.RosemountTravelingSoftball.com website.
Fall Rosters for 8U, 10U, & 12U will be announced by Friday, Aug 6.
Games will be scheduled on Saturday afternoons for 8U & 10U and Sunday afternoons for 12U. Game times usually are 12:00pm & 1:30pm or 3:00pm & 4:30pm.
Games Scheduled as follows:
- Lady Irish Tourney (Rosemount hosted):
- 12U - Sat, Aug 14th (1 day only)
- 8U & 10U - Sun, Aug 15th (1 day only)
- Week 1 - August 21-22
- Week 2 - August 28-29
- Week 3 – September 11-12
- Week 4 – September 18-19
The league games will consist of two games at a single site.
- State Tournament (all teams participate)
Other Important Information
- Practices will start the week of August 9, 2021. Most teams will practice during evening, twice a week.
Age groups are as follows:
- Born in 2009 or 2010 – 12U
- Born in 2011, 2012, or 2013 – 10U
- Born in 2014 or 2015 - 8U ~ Girls must be 6 yrs old to play 8U ~ Girls that are born in 2013 may play 8U if the parents and coach feel she is best served at the younger age group. Either the girl is coming right from in-house or has only played 1 year of Traveling.
Cost is $90 Includes one jersey (Additional uniform items are available for purchase during registration check-out)
*Please note: Once rosters are released, program will not issue refunds.
- Girls new to traveling softball will need an ASA approved helmet with facemask and chin strap, defensive fielding mask (required), properly sized fastpitch bat and glove. Check out our website for further information on sizing.
- If you are purchasing a helmet, we highly recommend our standard batting helmet (a Rip-It Vision Pro: Gloss-Home-Navy). This is the required helmet if you plan on playing on a Spring/Summer Traveling Softball team. These items are available for purchase through program during registration check-out:
- Currently out-of-stock w/ vendor - Rip-It Vision Pro: Gloss-Home-Navy Helmet - please arrange purchase on your own
- Currently out-of-stock w/ vendor - Rip-It Original Defense Pro Softball Fielder's FaceMask (Navy) - please arrange purchase on your own
- Contact Ryan Law, Uniform & Apparel Coordinator with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org) re: helmet or defensive fielding mask
- There will be a $300 volunteer check collected at the start of the Fall season from each family. If your volunteer hours are fulfilled, the check will be destroyed. Volunteer hours expected are still to be determined but will likely only be available during our August 14 and 15 Rosemount hosted tournament. If you are unable to work your volunteer hours, you may have someone do them in your place. This person must be at least 15 years of age.
- If you are interested in volunteering as a head coach, assistant coach or team manager, please click the "Chip In!-Volunteer Now" section at the top of this registration page and fill in your information. We will follow up with a coaching application. We are always in need of good coaches!
If you have questions, you may send an email to our program at email@example.com.
Please check the Rosemount Traveling Softball webpage – www.rosemounttravelingsoftball.com for more information in late September/October regarding Winter Dome Training (Nov-Feb Fri 5:30-7 pm) - an opportunity to work on softball skills during the winter, as well as all other information regarding Rosemount Traveling Softball – equipment, board opportunities etc.