Our mission is to create an enjoyable, memorable experience for boys and girls in the form of a competitive golf league for intermediate and advanced golfers. We want RAAA golfers to grow their love and knowledge of the game, form new friendships, and have fun! Please note that RAAA Golf does not have traditional "coaches", so if your son or daughter is a beginner he/she would be better served with lessons from community education, local golf courses, etc.
Registration: April 1 - June 13 (deadline, start of late fee), June 20 (hard close) Limited to first 60 registered participants.
Mandatory Free Driving Range Evaluation for Players New to RAAA Golf: Week of June 14 at Emerald Greens
Season: July 11 - August 22, 2021 - Sunday evening tee times (exact times will be determined after registration has closed and is dependent upon number of participants)
Participants & Eligibility: Boys and Girls entering Grades 4 - 9 in Fall 2021 – open to residents that will feed into Rosemount High School (RHS). Friend requests are not available.
Equipment: Each participant will provide their own equipment. Club rental may be available for an additional fee at the courses.
- Week of June 14: Emerald Greens - Free Mandatory Driving Range Evaluation for Players New to RAAA Golf (including all kids going into 4th grade), likely two evening times to choose from
- Week of June 21: Evening parent meeting at RCC Auditorium (if allowed) or Zoom meeting
- July 11: Emerald Greens - 2 Hour Lesson, Pictures, and First Round with Team (5 hours total, 4:00-9:00PM)
- July 18 - August 15: Tee times will be at the following courses: Emerald Greens, Rich Valley, and Valleywood (beginning around 5:30PM)
- Week of July 26 (tentative): Free bonus lesson at Emerald Greens with Barry Wallin and staff in the evening (paid for by a donation)
- August 22: Emerald Greens - Final Competitive or Fun Round (4:00PM) followed by Banquet and Awards
Fee: The fee is $140 and includes a 2-hour lesson at the beginning of the season, seven rounds of 9-hole golf, an RAAA Golf Polo shirt, bag tag (new players only), driving range evaluation (new players only), free bonus 2-hour lesson, RAAA fees, and year-end banquet with awards/prizes.
Team & Play Format:
- We will group kids into six teams of 10 (this will be based upon the total number of participants with a maximum of 60).
- Teams will be formed based on age and experience level.
- Competitive rounds are in the style of the Junior PGA where teams will play a scramble against each other in a 9-hole format with every three holes being worth a new point (shamrock).
- Teams play each other week to week and course to course on a rotating basis in foursomes.
- Matches are 2 vs 2 with a possible 3rd player as a substitute.
On-Course Team Managers: Each team will have 2 Team Managers who will attend all events and be with their players on the course. Those managers may need to recruit a few parents to walk with the groups the managers can't be with. The on-course responsibilities of the Team Managers and other parents is to walk along with the teams for all 9 holes, provide guidance on rules, keep pace of play moving, ensure proper etiquette, and keep the scorecard.
Volunteer Opportunities: On-Course Team Managers, and Board members for RAAA Golf