The RAAA In-House Softball program is focused on preparing players for future competitive play either through traveling fastpitch or the Shamrocks slow pitch team (grades 5-12). All girls who want to come try softball are welcome!
RAAA In-House Softball players can join the fun starting in Pre-K/Kindergarten through Grade 4. Please see Shamrocks info below for grades 5-12. Preschoolers must be 5 years old on 8/31/21 and attending Kindergarten Fall 2021. For all ages, please register for your current grade level (2020/21 school year).
Pre-K thru 4th-grade Girls will be combined for play in three groups:
- Pre-K and Kindergarten | Wednesdays | May 12th - June 23, 2021
- This will be a clinic style program, with scrimmages to practice the skills we learn.
- 1st and 2nd Grades | Mondays and Wednesdays | May 3rd - June 23, 2021
- Coaches pitch, with one practice and one game per week.
- 3rd and 4th Grades | Tuesdays and Thursdays | May 4th - June 24, 2021
- Pitching will be with a pitching machine, with one practice and one game each week.
- 5th through 12th Grades| Tuesdays and Thursdays | South Metro Slowpitch League.
- See the Shamrock Page for all important information regarding this program.
- Depending on the number of registered players the Shamrocks team may combine with Eagan
Games and practices will begin at 6:00pm or 7:15pm hosted at fields within the Rosemount community.
Information about Rosemount Traveling Fastpitch can be found at:
RAAA In-house Softball will provide the following:
- Batting Helmets
- Catchers Gear
- Team Uniform
Players are asked to bring:
- Glove (recommend 9-11.5 inch for players K-4th grade)
- Tennis shoes or cleats
- Recommended: fielding face mask
- Recommended: personal helmet
**All games will start at 6pm and all practices will start at either 6:00pm or 7:15pm. Games will be 1 hour.
NOTE: All players may request one (1) friend. Please put your friend request in the comments field when registering. If you are registering late, there is NO guarantee that you will get your friend request since teams are most likely formed and uniforms are ordered. You will be placed on a team that needs players. We generally try to form teams based around common elementary schools when possible.
**We plan to have a Parents and Coaches Meeting the week before the season. This is when we plan to hand out uniforms as well. The time and place are TBD. More information will come after registration is closed.
TEAM HELPERS NEEDED: We need YOU!!
We need positive team helpers/coaches to help teach the girls participating in the program the basics of the game along while having fun and making new friends. All coaches will receive guidance, including resources such as sample practice plans, lineup forms, and links to more drill ideas. You do not need to be an expert in softball to help players grow in their skills. Parent volunteers are essential to a successful program! We need your help to make successful softball players.
We will provide everything you need at the annual coaches meeting to ensure a fun and successful season.
There are several opportunities to serve on the In-House Softball Board. Please email us directly at email@example.com
A note on COVID-19: As this is an evolving situation, we will not know all of the exact safety precautions at this time. We anticipate that some precautions, such as distancing and limitations on number of participants, will be necessary. If you have any questions regarding our safety precautions, please email the In-House Softball director at firstname.lastname@example.org or check the main RAAA website.