The in-house softball program is focused on preparing players for future competitive play either through traveling fastpitch or the Shamrocks slow pitch team. All girls who want to come try softball are welcome!
RAAA in-house softball players can join the fun starting in Pre-K/Kindergarten through Grade 4. Please see Shamrocks info below for grades 5-12. Preschoolers must be 5 years old on 9/1/20 and attending Kindergarten Fall 2020. For all ages, please register for your current grade level (2019/20 school year).
Pre-K thru 4th-grade Girls will be combined for play in three groups:
- Pre-K and Kindergarten | Wednesdays | May 13th - June 24, 2020
- This will be a clinic style program, with scrimmages to practice the skills we learn.
- 1st and 2nd Grades | Tuesdays and Thursdays | May 5th - June 25, 2020
- Coaches pitch, with one practice and one game per week.
- 3rd and 4th Grades | Mondays and Wednesdays | May 4th - June 24, 2020
- Pitching will be with a pitching machine, with one practice and one game each week.
- 5th through 12th Grades| Tuesdays and Thursdays | South Metro Slowpitch League.
- See the Shamrock Page for all important information regarding this program.
- Depending on the number of registered players the Shamrocks team may combine with Eagan
Games and practices will begin at 6:00pm or 7:15pm hosted at fields within the Rosemount community.
Information about Rosemount Taveling Fast Pitch can be found at:
RAAA in-house softball will provide the following:
- Batting Helmets
- Catchers Gear
- Team Uniform
Players are asked to bring:
- Glove (recommend 9-11.5 inch for players K-4th grade)
- Tennis shoes or cleats (no metal cleats allowed)
- Recommended: fielding face mask
**All games will start at 6pm and all practices will start at either 6:00pm or 7:00pm. Games will be 1 hour.
NOTE: All players may request one (1) friend. Please put your friend request in the comments field when registering. If you are registering late, there is NO guarantee that you will get your friend request since teams are most likely formed and uniforms are ordered. You will be placed on a team that needs players. We generally try to form teams based around elementary schools when possible.
**Parents and coaches meetings will be held at the Rosemount Community Center in April, after the teams have been formed and the coaches have been assigned. Dates coming soon!
TEAM HELPERS NEEDED: We need YOU!!
We need positive team helpers/coaches to help teach the girls participating in the program the basics of the game along while having fun and making new friends. All coaches will receive guidance, including group training, and resources such as sample practice plans, lineup forms, and links to more drill ideas. You do not need to be an expert in softball to help players grow in their skills. Parent volunteers are essential to a successful program! We need your help to make softball successful players.
We will provide everything you need at the annual coaches meeting to ensure a fun and successful season.
There are several opportunities to serve on the In-House Softball Board. Please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org