2020 Traveling Baseball Winter Clinic Details
9 week progressive program
We are proud to announce that our clinic instructors will again be the Rosemount High School Baseball staff and players. Coordinating the Sunday night training sessions will be RHS Baseball Head Coach, Chris Swansson.
We are eager to begin our new format for the 2020 Sunday Night Progressive Baseball Clinics. This year we will be forming the training groups based on their individual grade levels, versus when in the past we grouped multiple grade levels together. We feel that these smaller groups will provide an opportunity for better instruction.
When registering for the Winter Clinic you will register for your current grade (2019-2020 school year).
We are planning to invite coaches from the previous summer season at the 4th through 7th grade level, who register their player, to come and help their age groups train. The current 3rd graders along with the current 8th/9th graders will be coached by the RHS staff. Each age level will have an RHS coach to coordinate the practice and implement the drills/language used by the RHS Baseball Program. Once the skill set/drill is explained the summer coaches, along with an RHS player, will help implement the drills with the supervision of the RHS Coach.
We are hoping that having each age level train together we can better specialize the training to cater to skills unique to their age level. We think this can be a benefit to the training atmosphere and the development of our teams.
Each age level will work out 8 of the 9 training sessions. This will allow for adequate training space.
Players will be concentrating on improving basic skills, while being challenged to reach their full potential from continued repetition and introduction of drills that the players can use at home and during the season.
We are also, once again, offering Pitching & Catching clinics specific to age groups. The Pitching/Catching clinics will run either before or after your Winter Clinic session, depending on your age group. The Pitching/Catching clinics will begin after the 3rd Winter Clinic session in order to allow for arm strength to be built back up.
During the Pitching sessions we will be collecting pitch analytics of each player to better help them develop and create benchmarks based on their skill set. These are separate registrations. If you decide to participate, please register for these additional training sessions.
REGISTER HERE: PITCHING Clinic & CATCHING Clinic
* All registrations completed by December 31 will receive a clinic t-shirt.
- Hitting, fielding, pitching, catching and throwing.
- The clinic will begin with reviewing basic fundamentals and build on those skills each consecutive week.
- January 5, 12, 19, 26
- February 9, 16, 23 (No clinic on Feb. 2nd)
- March 1, 8
- 3rd Graders: 6:30 – 8:00pm/all sessions, OFF on 1/26 & 2/2
- 4th Graders: 7:00 – 8:30pm/all sessions EXCEPT for 1/26 (6:30-8:00), OFF on 2/2 & 2/9
- 5th Graders: 7:00 – 8:30pm/all sessions, OFF on 2/2 & 2/16
- 6th Graders: 1/5, 1/12 & 1/19 = 7:30 – 9:00pm; 1/26, 2/9 & 2/16 = 7:00 – 8:30pm; 3/1 & 3/8 = 8:00 – 9:30pm, OFF on 2/2 & 2/23
- 7th Graders: 8:00 – 9:30pm/all sessions, OFF on 2/2 & 3/1
- 8th/9th Graders: 8:00 – 9:30pm/all sessions, OFF on 2/2 & 3/8
*** A user friendly/printable version of this schedule can also be found on our website:
- Irish Sports Dome, Rosemount, MN