The RAAA Traveling Softball Fall Program offers girls who are thinking about traveling softball for the next year (2020), the opportunity to try it out. For girls already in the program, it provides the opportunity to continue playing the game they love. For Fall Ball, there are no tryouts for the teams. (For 12U aged girls that are trying Traveling softball for the first time this Fall, there may be an informal evaluation to determine ability. Participants will be contacted separately. This is primarily for safety reasons)
Attention 12U Players: September 17-18 - All 12U players will be required to tryout if you plan on playing next summer. Teams will be formed in early October and will stay together from October thru July 2020. No tryouts for 12U in Feb/March. We will have a separate registration for this tryout. More details to come.
Fall Rosters for 8U, 10U, & 12U will be announced by Aug 7.
Games will be scheduled on Saturday afternoons for 8U & 10U (new!),
and Sunday afternoons for 12U, – usually 12:00pm & 1:30pm or 3:00pm & 4:30pm.
Games Scheduled as follows:
Week 1: August 24th (8U-10U) or August 25th (12U)
Week 2: September 7th (8U-10U) or September 8th (12U)
Week 3: September 14th (8U-10U) or September 15th (12U)
Week 4: September 21st (8U-10U) or September 22nd (12U)
Week 5: September 28th (Fall State for 8U-10U) or September 29th (Fall State for 12U)
The league games will consist of two games at a single site.
Other Important Information
- Practices will start the week of August 12, 2019. Most teams will practice twice a week.
- Age groups are as follows:
- Born in 2007 or 2008 – 12U
- Born in 2009, 2010, or 2011 – 10U
- Born in 2012 or 2013 - 8U ~ Girls must be 6 yrs old to play 8U ~ Girls that are born in 2011 may play 8U if the parents and coach feel she is best served at the younger age group. Either the girl is coming right from in-house or has only played 1 year of Traveling.
- Cost is $90. This includes a jersey. Girls new to traveling softball will need an ASA approved helmet with facemask and chin strap, properly sized fastpitch bat and glove. A fielding mask is optional, but highly encouraged. Check out our website for further information on sizing. If you are purchasing a helmet, we highly recommend our standard batting helmet (a Rip-It Vision Pro: Gloss-Home-Navy). This is the required helmet if you plan on playing on a Spring/Summer Traveling Softball team.
- If you are interested in volunteering as a head coach, assistant coach or team manager, please click the "Chip In!-Volunteer Now" section at the top of this registration page and fill in your information. We will follow up with a coaching application. We are always in need of good coaches!
- If you have questions, you may send an email to our program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please check the Rosemount Traveling Softball webpage – www.rosemounttravelingsoftball.com for more information in late September/October regarding Winter Dome Training - an opportunity to work on softball skills during the winter, as well as all other information regarding Rosemount Traveling Softball – equipment, board opportunities etc.
- Rosemount will host games every week and each family is asked to Volunteer during Fall Ball. There will be a $125.00 volunteer check collected at the start of the Fall season from each family. If your volunteer hours are fulfilled, the check will be returned or destroyed. Volunteer hours are expected to be between 2 - 4 hours per player.