The main goal for Rosemount Traveling Baseball is to create an enjoyable, memorable experience for boys providing instructional guidance at an intermediate to advanced level in the fundamentals and competition of baseball. Tryout dates are Friday March 15th and Saturday March 16th at the Irish Dome in Rosemount.
- This is a competitive league for players who have already established intermediate to advanced baseball skills for their appropriate age level.
- By registering for these tryouts, understand that there is NO guarantee of being placed on team. Placement on teams will be determined by the tryout evaluations. The tryout fee is non-refundable.
See the following links for more information:
* Any player not making a traveling team will have the opportunity to be play RAAA In-House Baseball, but they must complete the registration process for the In-House program after Traveling tryouts are complete. In this case, the tryout fee would be refunded after the In-House registration is complete, offsetting the cost.
If space is available, the opportunity exists to play on a Traveling Baseball team with another association.
Grades 3-9 (8 year olds can play traveling baseball but they must currently be in the 3rd grade to tryout. No exceptions.) Players will play with their school grade. Proof of age is necessary for all tournaments. Age is determined by birthday on or before May 1 in the year of the summer season. No move-ups will be allowed in Rosemount Traveling Baseball.
Teams / Age Groups:
- 3rd Graders (8/9 year olds, 8 year olds must currently be in 3rd grade during 2018-19 school year) (see NOTE below in regards to 3rd Graders)
- 4th Graders (10 year olds)
- 5th Graders (11 year olds)
- 6th Graders (12 year olds)
- 7th Graders (13 year olds)
- 8th Graders (14 year olds)
- 8th & 9th Graders (Mix of 14 & 15 year olds)
- 9th graders (15 year olds)
3rd Graders (8/9's) - Please NOTE - As of the 2017 season, there is a 8/9 year old only division, they will no longer be playing with the 10's like in previous seasons. Additionally, unlike the other age groups, there will only be a 9AAA division and 9AA division at this age group. There will be no 9A division. We are projecting 2 - 3 teams at this age group (12 players/team).
Participants in the RAAA Traveling Baseball Program are required to purchase their own batting helmet. Bases, balls, and catcher gear is provided through RAAA. Players can purchase and use their own bats or catcher gear.
Significant Time Commitment:
- Traveling baseball requires significant time from both players and parents, from April thru July, and possibly into early August.
- Every player's presence is important. Each player is expected to attend all practices, league games and tournament games.
- Unexcused absences will result in a possible reduction of playing time.
Mandatory Volunteer Hours:
Parent Volunteer Time is "very important"!
In order for our association to be a success and for our children to maximize their enjoyment of playing traveling baseball, your participation is "Mandatory" and we will collect a volunteer deposit check (amount to be determined) at the beginning of the season for working our various tournaments. It is up to the family of the player to figure out which parent will be responsible for covering the hours needed to support the assigned tournament.
The tryout fee covers facilities, outside hired evaluators, necessary equipment and supplies, and other miscellaneous costs specifically relating to the tryout and evaluation process. This fee has nothing to do with the actual participation fees relating to the regular season whether a player is selected or not selected for a team.
In addition to the tryout fee ($80), those players selected for a traveling team will pay additional fees of approximately $425. This covers the team's expenses for participation in league games, umpires, equipment, uniforms, field usage, field maintenance and improvement, association administration and support. Some teams may decide as a group to play in additional tournaments; those team members would be responsible for those added costs.
Tryout Fee: $80 – Non-refundable, due prior to tryouts
Season & Tournament Fees: Approximately $300, due after placement on a traveling team
Uniform Fee: Approximately $130
Mandatory Uniform Fittings:
All players are required to attend a one-time mandatory uniform fitting in order to be able to place your uniform order. You will need to pay for your uniform at the time of the fitting. Sample uniforms will be available at the fitting and the new uniforms will be on display.
Uniform fitting dates are still being coordinated. We will be sure to communicate the dates when we have the schedule confirmed.