Our mission is to create an enjoyable, memorable experience for boys and girls in the form of a competitive golf league for intermediate and advanced golfers. We want RAAA golfers to grow their love and knowledge of the game, form new friendships, and have fun! Please note that RAAA Golf does not have traditional "coaches", so if your son or daughter is a beginner he/she would be better served with lessons from community education, local golf courses, etc.
Registration: April 2 - June 8 (deadline, start of late fee) June 15 (hard close) Limited to 60 participants.
Mandatory Free Driving Range Evaluation for Players New to RAAA Golf: June 18 or 19 at Emerald Greens
Season: July 15 - August 26, 2018 - Sunday evening tee times (exact times will be determined after registration has closed and is dependent upon number of participants)
Participants & Eligibility: Boys and Girls entering Grades 4 - 8 in Fall 2018 – open to residents that will feed into Rosemount High School (RHS). Friend requests are not available.
Equipment: Each participant will provide their own equipment. Club rental may be available for an additional fee at the courses.
- June 18 or 19: Emerald Greens - Free Mandatory Driving Range Evaluation for Players New to RAAA Golf (including all kids going into 4th grade), 7:45-8:45PM
- July 11: Parent meeting at RCC Auditorium (8:00-9:00PM)
- July 15: Emerald Greens - 2 Hour Lesson, Pictures, and First Round with Team (5 hours total, 4:00-9:00PM)
- July 22 - August 19: Tee times will be at the following courses: Emerald Greens, Rich Valley, Southern Hills, and Valleywood (beginning at 5:30PM)
- August 26: Emerald Greens - Final Competitive or Fun Round (4:00PM) followed by Banquet and Awards
Fee: The fee is $150 and includes a 2-hour lesson at the beginning of the season, seven rounds of 9-hole golf, an RAAA Golf Polo shirt, bag tag (new players only), driving range evaluation (new players only), and end of year banquet and awards.
Team & Play Format:
- We will group kids into six teams of 10 (this will be based upon the total number of participants with a maximum of 60).
- Teams will be formed based on age and experience level.
- Competitive rounds are in the style of the Junior PGA where teams will play a scramble against each other in a 9-hole format with every three holes being worth a new point (shamrock).
- Teams play each other week to week and course to course on a rotating basis in foursomes.
- Matches are 2 vs 2 with a possible 3rd player as a substitute.
On-Course Team Managers: Each team will have 2 Team Managers who will attend all events and be with their players on the course. Those managers may need to recruit a few parents to walk with the groups the managers can't be with. The on-course responsibilities of the Team Managers and other parents is to walk along with the teams for all 9 holes, provide guidance on rules, keep pace of play moving, ensure proper etiquette, and keep the scorecard.
Volunteer Requirements: On-Course Team Managers, and board members for RAAA Golf