We are very excited to continue to offer a youth cross-country program in Rosemount! Cross Country is a very flexible season. We encourage you to join if you are only able to make it 1 day a week. This is a great sport for cross training with other sports.
The main goal of the RAAA Cross Country program is to provide a positive experience for kids interested in running. The aim is to provide guidance and opportunity to develop basic skills in distance running. Volunteer running coaches will guide groups of kids. Last year, kids trained to run 1 mile. This year we will continue to have a 1 mile option and work towards 1.5 and 2 miles for interested kids.
During the first day of practice, kids will run a course that is just under 1 mile. They will be placed in groups based on running speed so that that we can help them train with similar runners. These groups can change during the season and is used to give us a baseline.
The kids will have the opportunity to participate in meets associated with middle school and high school meets. Runners will be competing in the mile distance with kids of similar age and abilities from the neighboring cities of Apple Valley and Eagan. Please note: Meets are optional. We encourage kids to train and practice and participate in some or all of the meets.
Practice will be twice a week and will meet behind Rosemount High School and run on the trails behind the school.
Program Dates: August 14 – September 26
Age Requirements: Boys and Girls entering grades 2-5 in the fall of 2017.
Equipment: Running shoes required. T-shirts provided by RAAA
Fees: $40.00 registration
Practices will take place on Mondays and Thursdays from 6-7 at RHS on the paths behind the school. We may also add on 30 min run on Saturday morning.
Meet dates and times will be announced when finalized.
- Season Kick-off will be on Monday Aug. 14, 2017
- Exceptions to Practice Schedule:
- Our First Week we will practice Mon. Aug 14/Wed. Aug 16 and have a meet on Friday Aug. 18 AM
- There is no practice Monday. Sept. 5
- Teams from Apple Valley and Eagan Youth CC may meet for optional practices at Jensen Lake in Eagan. More details to follow.
- Season Finale will be Tuesday Sept. 26. We will participate in a meet hosted by Rosemount Middle School and have a closing celebration after it!
- Friday August 18, 2017- Rosemount High School- Alumni Meet
- Youth 1 Mile Run- 7:15PM- Time subject to change
- Friday Sept. 1, 2017 -Rosemount High School- Irish Invitational
- Youth 1 Mile Run- Time 8:05Am Girls, 8:15AM Boys
- ?? -EastView High School-EVAA Youth Meet
- Youth 1 Mile- Time TBD (PM)
- Saturday Sept. 16, 2017-Mini Jack- Lakeville
- Youth 1 Mile-Time TBD (AM)
- Saturday Sept. 23 2017- RHS 100 year celebration 3K run TBD
- Tuesday Sept. 26, 2016-Rosemount High School-RMS Meet
- Youth 1.5 Mile-Time 5:30PM Girls, 6:00PM Boys
- Please note: Meets are encouraged but are not required to be in the program.
- We will use the Team Page on athletechs to post the schedule and any updates. Please update your availability so we know who to expect and each practice and meet.
Questions? Contact Program Director Jessica Theisen at firstname.lastname@example.org