Our mission is to create an enjoyable, memorable experience for boys and girls in the form of a competitive golf league for intermediate and advanced golfers. We strive to grow their love and knowledge of the game, form new friendships and have fun!
Registration: May 15th - June 19th (hard close). Limited to 80 participants.
Season: July 9 - August 20, 2017 - Sunday evening tee times (exact times will be determined after registration has closed and is dependent upon number of participants)
Participants & Eligibility: Boys and Girls entering Grades 4 - 8 in Fall 2017 – open to residents that will feed into Rosemount High School (RHS). Friend requests are not available.
Equipment: Each participant will provide their own equipment. Club rental will be available for an additional fee.
- July 9: Emerald Greens - 2 Hour Lesson and First Round with Team
- July 16 - August 13: Tee times will be at the following courses: Emerald Greens, Rich Valley, Southern Hills & Valleywood
- August 20: Emerald Greens - Final Competitive Round followed by BBQ and Awards
Fee: The fee is $140 and includes a 2 hour lesson at the beginning of the season, 7 rounds of golf, an RAAA Golf Polo shirt, bag tag, and end of year BBQ and awards.
Team & Play Format:
- We will group kids into teams of 10 (this will be based upon the total number of participants with a maximum of 80).
- Teams will be formed based on age and experience level.
- Competitive rounds in the style of Junior PGA where teams will play a scramble against each other in a 9-hole format with every three holes being worth a new point.
- Teams play each other week to week, course to course on a rotating basis in foursomes
- Matches 2 vs 2 with a possible 3rd player as a substitute
On-Course Team Managers: Each team will have 1-2 Team Managers who will attend all events and be with their players on the course. Those managers will need to recruit a few parents to walk with the groups the managers can't be with. The on-course responsibilities of the Team Managers and other parents would be to walk along with the teams for all 9 holes, provide guidance on rules, keep pace of play moving, and keep the scorecard.
Volunteer Requirements: On-Course Team Managers, and board members for RAAA Golf